Re: frequency table

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Richard Bottoms wrote:

> >to run scantv then in the edit window, just call xawtv in an Kwindow
> >first, and hit the 'o' key to get the menu.  In that be sure to call the
> >channel editor then save.
> >You can go fullscreen or hit 'f' again to go back to smaller window to run
> >the menu 'o'.  To capture a frame hit 'g' for a .jpg file.
>

> I used RedHat 8.0 and xawtv works great. I can do a manual capture. But
> what I need is to automate capture, like one frame every 10 seconds.
>
> r.b.

I made mistake, 'g' grabs a .ppm file and 'j' grabs a .jpeg file.  those
files get stored in your current dir.
I went thru the man pages for xawtv and xawtvrc but did not see where one
can set the grab to be redone on intervals but I am certain someone else
on here can advise how to do that. Possibly when calling xawtv such as
'xawtv -j' and makeing a script that redoes that call each 10 sec.

There is a new setup available at 'mythtv.org' that a friend told me
about.  Claims it works better than a Tivo.  I might give it a go later.

Warren