Re: DC10plus question

On Sunday 29 June 2003 00:41, Ron Keller wrote:
>I am puzzled by the performance of my Studio DC10plus capture
>card. using lavrec (from mjpegtools-1.6.1), I don't LOSE frames,
>but frames do get INSERTED - at the rate of 15 per hour.  I have
>played with buffer_size and buffer_number; and also with quality
>of the capture video.  I don't see any noticeable A/V sync
>errors, but I am curious as to why these extra frames arew being
>inserted. Are you able to answer this for me?  Thanks
>
>System Info:
>CPU - Athlon XP 2000+
>OS  - RedHat 9 with 2.4.20 kernel and bigphysarea patch
>m/b - Asus A7V333-X
>RAM - 512 MB
>

>Ron Keller

Humm,  you are in .ca, which should be never twice same color, right?

Field frequency is 59.94 hz, and please note I didn't say color frame,
as thats a totally different meaning.

If you are snap shoting fields at 60 hz, then there will be a few
duplicates when the next frame isn't ready yet.  Could that account
for your dups?  I don't know, but it rather waddles like that
particular duck to this broadcast engineer.

While I'm here, is anyone working on a driver for the ClickSmart 310?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M