Re: streaming

Robert L. RAKSI wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 04:55:44PM -0500, James A. Pattie wrote:
>
>>Robert L. RAKSI wrote:
>>
>>>Hi!
>>>
>>>I managed to stream a tv channel with ffmpeg but I have a problem. How
>>>can i configure the v4l2 device for a specifig channel/frequency, volume
>>>etc. remotely with some command line tool, without starting for example
>>>tvtime or xawtv?
>>>

>>I've been developing a series of perl scripts that will let you tweak
>>v4l2 settings for the ivtv project.
>>
>>You can get them from cvs at http://ivtv.sf.net/ or from my website at
>>http://www.pcxperience.org/james/
>>
>>Right now it doesn't let you mess with the audio volume, but you can
>>switch inputs, channels, etc. and supports frequency mapping tables from
>>the Video::Frequencies perl module.
>>
>>record-v4l2.pl is the main program you should look at, just make sure to
>>use the --no-record option since it doesn't really support non-ivtv v4l2
>>devices yet for recording.
>

> Thx for the idea.
> I downloaded it and tried it like this:
> # perl -IVideo record-v4l2.pl --debug --no-record -d /dev/video0 -i 0
- -s PAL -f pal-europe -c 28 -W 384 -H 288

> The output:
>
> Debug = '1'
> FrequencyTable = 'pal-europe'
> VideoHeight = '288'
> VideoDevice = '/dev/video0'
> InputNum = '0'
> VideoStandard = 'PAL'
> TunerNum = '0'
> VideoWidth = '384'
> Warning:  V4l2 driver = 'saa7134' does not support the ivtv
"enhancements"!
>           All codec related options will be ignored.
> Standard: 0x000000ff
> Input: 0x00000000
> 0 0x000000ff PAL 1/25 625
> 1 0x00003000 NTSC 1001/30000 525
> 2 0x007f0000 SECAM 1/25 625
> 3 0x00000100 PAL-M 1001/30000 525
> 4 0x00000400 PAL-Nc 1/25 625
> oldWidth = '-1', oldHeight = '-1'
> Error in setResolution ioctl call!

What version of Video::ivtv are you using?

Are you sure that you want to be working with Input device 0?  Have you
tried any of the others?

I thought I had an option to list all available input entries but I
don't, so I'm going to add that hopefully this weekend. ;)

> I get a full grean picture already though :))

- --
James A. Pattie
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Linux  --  SysAdmin / Programmer