Re: streaming

Hi Robert,

Es schrieb "Robert L. RAKSI":

> Hi!
>
> I managed to stream a tv channel with ffmpeg but I have a problem. How
> can i configure the v4l2 device for a specifig channel/frequency, volume
> etc. remotely with some command line tool, without starting for example
> tvtime or xawtv?
>
> I tried this:
> v4lctl -v 1 setinput Television setnorm PAL setchannel 28 volume mute off
>
> But it doesnt work :(

Volume mute off/on and x% works here over the net on "-c /dev/video0"
with xawtv_3.89 and there is devel on v4lctl for v4l2 I believe. Someone
may ask soon, why language switching can not be done with v4lctl. For
setfreqtab and then setchannel I'm also not through and if that can be
achieved with the scripts offered here, all is ready.

[snip]

> What else should I configure?
>
> If I start tvtime then quit, ffmpeg streams fine.

By the way, mplayer cvs now decodes rtsp://host:port/file.sdp streams
over DarwinStreamingServer feeded by mp4live (mpeg4ip) using
faac/faad(2) and LIVE.COM
:)

Greetings

Hermann