From: video4linux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:video4linux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ziegler, Lynn
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 4:33 PM
To: video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: (no subject)

I, too, have an ATI Radeon 7500 w/64mb of ram. The RH8 installation disk
detected the board automatically, I got to choose my resolution (I have used
both 1600x1200 and 1280x1024 with 24 bpp successfully) and the entire
installation went smooth as silk right off the RH8 disks in my package.

Have you tried the System Settings/display off the main menu to reset the
display to a higher resolution? If you do, be careful as some resolutions
that are offered seem not to be compatible with the Radeon 7500. In
particular, my attempt to use 1400x1050 resulted in the loss of X so I had
to edit the X config file to set it back to 1600x1200.

In any case, I am very puzzled by your problem as I had none. (I am using an
Athlon 1200mhz machine with 768 megs memory, although it is hard to imagine
that would make a difference.)

Lynn