More info on kernel patches from bytesex.org

Gerd & other list members,

There are many very good pieces of software on www.bytesex.org but some
information could be more precise. For example reading this "The patch
bundle usually is exactly the kernel I'm running on my box(es).  It may
contain more than the pure v4l stuff. " makes me want to know exactly
which patches I need and which are optional. To tell you the truth the
"It may contain more than the pure v4l stuff." is a bit scary for me :)
For instance; after looking at listed patches I found something about
LVM which I don't need, don't have in my kernel and don't think is
needed for V4L to work correctly.
What's more I don't know which version of kernel it's safe to patch with
these patches. Their names mention 2.4.20 which is my version of kernel
by accident.
1. Do I need to apply them?
Also, in the oldstuff dir, patches seem to be prepared for 2.4.20-pre2
version of the kernel.
2. Do I need them if I have 2.4.20 version?

In short, I'm asking you for more information on patches you provided.
That would make a big difference for less experienced users like me.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Cheers from Poland :)

-- Piotr Dobrogost

Szukasz banku bez prowizji ?
mBank - zaloz konto