Re: patch(bttv-0.7.103+snapshot): Radio on PCTVpro/Mt2032 works perfect now

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 04:40 am, Gunther Mayer wrote:
> Michael Pearce wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:46 pm, Gunther Mayer wrote:
> >>With this patch radio works perfectly here (PAL card tested, NTSC card
> >>should work too).

> > Only one small problem left now, it seems to be mono only. The signal is
> > strong, and it's stereo in windows. It just won't get out of mono in
> > linux.
> >
> > dmesg output seems to suggest that it is stereo, but radio and gnomeradio
> > both report it is mono, and I can tell you from listening to it - it's
> > mono.
>
> The "stereo indicator" is not supported by current msp3400.c
>
> MSP manuals have conflicting information concerning FM-Matrix (Register
> 0x000E) for Stereo-Radio. Though some manuals mandate 0x02 for Fm-Radio
> (=KSTEREO [(L+R)/2, (L-R)/2] ----> [L, R]), this creats left-channel only
> here, 0x00 is fine (don't know if stereo; is there a utility to visualize
> strength of stereo effect?). For newer chips 0x03 + ASS (automatic standard
> select) is proposed. So this varies between MSP chips.
>
> As radio is fixed now for all known MT2032 cards, you can go get a MSP
> datasheet for your chip and start some experiments.

Err, what? I'm not a programmer, nor do I have any idea what you're talking
about :) Perhaps if you pointed me to the code where these numbers are set, I
can try different ones. Is it simply a matter of changing a 0x02 to 0x00 etc?

--Michael Pearce