Re: ATI All-In-Wonder (Pro)

On 26 Jan 2003 at 14:01, Thomasso Bartholomew Garcieas wrote:

> Now to master those pesky tar, gz, and srpms files.
Heh, check out the LDP - Linux Documentation Project.

> What are the success rates for getting these ATI cards working on the Linux
> platforms?
Depends what you want to do.

If you want a PVR like mythtv:

http://www.mythtv.org

Then the ATI All-In-Wonders (any version) just don't cut it.

> I've heard that allot of these cards will not work, ever?
My All In Wonder Radeon works just fine for watching TV, never tried it for
video capture as there are lots of easier ways to capture video.  Pretty much

any tv card with v4l support is easier to use.  Also some of the mjpeg cards
like the DC10+ or the Matrox cards etc.

> What would be the best, ideal TV/Capture Card that is AGP rather than
> PCI to work on Linux? What would you recommend?
Dunno, does such a beastie exist? I'd love one of those myself.

....Actually, now that I think of it, the Matrox G200 Marvel would fit in
that category.  I think there are some later matrox cards that would offer
the same/better features.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting