USB vs. PCMCIA

David Topper writes:
 > My hunch is that PCMCIA would be better, particularly for USB 1.0 based
 > laptops.  But I'm curious to hear:
 >
 > a)  if people have any preferences
 > b)  if there are even and PCMCIA video capture cards supported by V4L.
 >  I didn't see any on the "gallery" page.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > DT

PCMCIA with ZV is probably ideal for video. There are some PCMCIA
capture cards with v4l support, but I have never used one and I don't
think they use ZV.
There is the margi DVD decoder card which uses ZV under linux, but it
depends on your graphics chipsets if you can view it.

USB also works and probably with more capture devices, but is limited
by the USB bandwidth and I had some problems with notebooks that could
not sustain the prober current via USB to power the devices.

Marcus

| mocm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |