Re: Hauppage WinTV PVR-250/350

On 8 Jan 2003, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 15:51, PlasmaJohn wrote:

> > Can somebody *PLEASE* confirm this.  If this is true, I have code that
> > will extract an MPEG stream from the 250.  Not the cleanest code in the world,
> > and as H-P mentioned, MyFirstDriver(tm).
>
> The information I have on this is from SHS. You know that guy, don't
> you? He's not a native english speaker, so my info is a bit confusing.

Crap :(

Yes, and I know what you're talking about.  There's a separate group of people
that either are still in negotiations with Conexant or have recently completed
them.  Effectively, it's not "open season".  I'm not sure what the license
they're going to adopt either.

Oh well.  If anybody's got a good working relationship with Conexant, I'm
willing to enter an NDA agreement if a GPL'd or otherwise sufficiently Open
Source driver can be created.  I do not have the resources to purchase their
development kit (US$5,000?) but, considering that I've got something working
on half the documentation that's not strictly necessary ;)

John