Re: Misleading informations on "official" v4l2 website

Hello Ronald,

Additionally, no current v4l2 modules are available as a standalone
package to compile for 2.4.x, like videodevX used to be.

Actually, http://bytesex.org/patches/ has 2.4.x "backport" patches.
They're not modules on their own, but just a kernel patch.

Yes, I know, but I'd like to have separate modules, too, without the need to recompile the kernel.

(I know that any user still has to have the kernel sources installed and that he will have to change the v4l1 header file (so the modules will be compiled against the new header file) plus install the new v4l2 header file.)

For example, I use the 2.4.x kernels from RedHat because of lazyness and because many "normal" users don't like the idea of compiling a new kernel. Most novice users I know manage to compile my driver as a module successfully -- I don't want this to change, so I included my own backported modules to my driver.

Ronald

CU Michael.