saa1734 findings and vcr question (hope this isn't html!)

Hi all,

Thanks for the great work!

Lately I've been busy getting my medion 5044
saa7134-based tv-card working.

I noticed that on my Abit BP-6 (smp-celeron) xawtv
(3.72-.deb) worked; but not without errors.
When I tried to record, xawtv locks.
Having read the irq-allocation issue with the
usb-controller.
I disabled (actually it moved 'itself') usb and things
seemed to work. But they didn't.
Breaking my head over it I finally placed the tv-card
in a Aopen-AX6BC (also a BX-board) and guess what?
Everyting works like sunshine! It uses the same config
in irq-allocation as the BP-6.

Using debian-kernel-source-2.4.19 patched with
v4l2-api-2.4.19.diff. saa1734-0.1.10 Works like a
charm. The same construction on the BP-6 resulted in
the previously mentioned 'features'.(To make sure the
errors are consistent; I reinstalled the tv-card and
rebuild the kernel from freshly patched
(debian)sources and a fresh config. Yes; it happened
again...)

If you are interested in kernel-errors I've attached
some of the errors. Going trough them; I noticed most
of them are on bootup, loading modules; some  when I
switched to the consoles. (actually vtty1 wasn't
usable as it displayed the kernel-error from the
module-loading and the only thing left was a reset or
a via-ssh-initialised reboot)

I also would like to know of people who use vcr and
have (had) the same problem that is now mine.
When I use vcr, I can record nicely but when played
back, it is both turned around the vertical axis (like
xawtv can) and around the horizontal axis (can't get
the word for diagonal).
Whenever it initializes, I see it uses
v4l1"-commands". Does that have to do with the fact
that the saa-7134-card is using v4l2?
Is there a solution? And no; I do not consider myself
capable in solving that!

Hoping there was something useful for you too!

Kind regards,

Frans Schreuder