Bad images with Matrox Meteor2/mc

After quite a few attempts to manually fine tune the dcf files I use to
set up my meteor2 card, I got hold of a win box with Matrox Intellicam
(a utility for manipulating dcf files). Using Intellicam I managed to
get seemingly perfect images, which where grabbed with the Intellicam
program. Loading the same dcf file on my linux box and grabbing an image
with the 1.0 version of Cord Seele's meteor2 driver (I have used the
'dcf' and 'ppmgrab' programs from the driver's 'utils' dir), I got
somewhat different results.

The lines in the grabbed image seem to be slightly shifted
horizontically and each line seems to influence the line before and
after. To demonstrate this effect I have attached (a small part of) two
images grabbed with the same dcf file, one from a win box and one from
my linux box; unfortunately the win image is quite dark, but the
difference is clear enough.

The artefacts/errors in the linux image seems to indicate a timing/sync
problem (bad fporch/bporch/hsync/...), but the image from the win box
seems perfectly ok. In my attempt to locate the source of the problem I
have tried two different cameras:
     an older JVC KY-F55B (3ccd rgb) with a homebrewed dcf
and
     a more modern Sony XC-003P (3ccd rgb) with Matrox' dcf (from the
Mil-Lite library)

Neither of these cameras/dcf's has given satisfying images.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with the meteor2 driver (or
other v4l2 drivers)?

- Christian

PNG image

PNG image