Re: Crash when capturing to disk but not displaying

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 09:45:34PM +0100, Gerd Knorr wrote:
> oldwolf <oldwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > btw, does anyone with other brands of tvcard have similar issues?
> > Are these driver problems, or Avermedia cards just picky on
> > hardware?
>
> It is more likely a motherboard / chipset issue.  Enable/disable
> acpi might also affect this.  My good, old Intel BX board works
> rock solid unless I try to enable acpi ...

OK, ACPI's most certainly the issue then.

I've fiddled with my PCI card placement and removed a modem I wasn't
using, so USB is now on a different interrupt. But I can't get ACPI off
the same interrupt as the bt878 is using, no matter how hard I try
(short of disabling it). I use a USB keyboard and mouse so USB isn't
going away.  Stability has improved a bit (which isn't saying much).

I have IRQs to spare, so I'll disable ACPI and see what happens. I'm
surprised that this could be an ACPI issue, but in hindsight, not
shocked - I've encountered random reboots way back when on this machine
that might have been ACPI-related, though I never tracked it down before
they went away.

--
Rich Tollerton <rtollert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>