Re: Recording with SAA7134 card

Ronald Bultje <rbultje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > xawtv complains about invalid norm (although the config. menu shows
> > PAL, NTSC, SEACAM, AUTO, with PAL as default), they can't be selected.
> > No video output at all, in any mode (xv, noxv, grabdisplay).
> >
> > I see some error about "pal" not being a valid norm (and then lists PAL,
> > NTSC, SEACAM, etc.) It might be a string matching problem?
> >
> > Mplayer complains about "Unable to set Norm" when accessing v4l as well
> > (it uses v4l1). In mplayer's case, it displays TV frames alternating with
> > a green output screen.
>
> Actually, I think that's a compiler optimization problem.

No, it is a bug in the v4l1-compat module.  It doesn't set
video_tuner->flags correctly, thats why xawtv thinks the hardware
isn't able to set the TV norms and grays them in the menu.  mplayer
likely is confused for the very same reason ...

  Gerd

--
Weil die späten Diskussionen nicht mal mehr den Rotwein lohnen.
				-- Wacholder in "Melanie"