From: video4linux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:video4linux-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ronald Bultje
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 3:59 PM
To: video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: only static from hauppauge card, rh8

Hi,

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 21:40, kbowen@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I see device entries for /dev/video0-3 , xawtv seems to detect the device
> properly, but I get only static.

Do you have multiple video devices? Check /proc/video/dev/video*, and if
you've got more than one, try 'xawtv -c /dev/videoX'.

Also, check dmesg for any interesting messages, and specify the card ID
(see /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST) when
insmodding bttv.

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <rbultje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>