Re: only static from hauppauge card, rh8

On Monday 16 December 2002 21:40, kbowen@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have an haupauge card (wintv pci I think) in my machine running redhat
> 8, stock except for redhat-issed kernel revs. bttv seems to be installed, I
> see device entries for /dev/video0-3 , xawtv seems to detect the device
> properly, but I get only static. I'm dual booting winXP and the card works
> fine there, so I know its not a hardware or cable connection problem. I'm a
> linux newbie, so I don't really know where to begin troubleshooting. Any
> ideas?

Very probably your tuner is not set up correctly.

Add a line like:
options bttv tuner=1
to your /etc/modules.conf (or edit the line starting with options bttv if
there is one such already).
Try with various numbers after tuner. You can try a new setting by first
removig the bttv module with
rmmod bttv
Then change the setting, and then insert back the bttv module with
modprobe bttv
Then start xawtv to see if it has helped.

(You can look at the documentation of bttv and the tuner options if you
install the kernel-source rpm)

Regards
Zsolt