Re: Recording with SAA7134 card

man, 2002-12-16 kl. 05:34 skrev Wan Tat Chee:
> Hi Gerd,
>
> On 14 Dec 2002, Gerd Knorr wrote:
>
> > XFree86 uses the v4l1 API anyway, thus recompiling XFree86 likely
> > doesn't help.
>
> I was thinking that the v4l1 struct definitions changed in 0.2.x as well.
> If not, then I guess it doesn't matter.
>

> > I've seen lots of these "overlay in b/w" bug reports now, but I can't
> > reproduce it.  Can someone please try to figure why this happens?  Or
> > what exactly triggers it?  Does it happen with Xvideo only?  xawtv using
> > the v4l1 API?  xawtv using the v4l2 API?  Which xawtv / driver versions
> > are involved?
> >

> xawtv: 3.81, XFree86 (from RH 8.0)
> v4l2: Dec 10, saa7134: 0.2.2 (Dec 10)
> (The Dec 11 snapshot changes code in saa7134 TS, which shouldn't affect my
>  testing)
>
> X11+vesa: works fine, but no Xv obviously
> X11+nvidia: B/W whether with Xv or no Xv, in Overlay mode
> X11+nvidia: works fine in Grabdisplay mode
>
> I don't know how to start xawtv with v4l1 API.
>
> I suspect in Overlay mode, Xv is interpreting the YUV data incorrectly.
> The image is squished to 75% of original (or thereabouts) horizontally.
> This doesn't happen with the 0.1.x series saa7134 driver, running xawtv
> 3.81.
>
> Curious, does it happen only with NVidia cards, or other cards as well?

You seem to have exactly the same problems as I do. I have an ATI Radeon
9700 Pro, and both with the drivers from XFree86 4.3 CVS and ATI's
binary drivers I have to use grabdisplay, else the picture is just
fucked up. I'm totally unable to get anything v4l1 work, Xawtv is the
only thing that works perfect here...

Regards,
Stian Jordet