Re: Best card chipset? Bt878? Best overall PAL card?

Hi Bradley,

I've been asking the same thing and still haven't found a good enough
card. In my case, I like to use it for machine vision. I've tested
four different cards; Matrox Meteor, Pinnacle PCTV, Hauppauge Win-TV
GO and Integral FlashBus MV. PCTV and Win-TV GO are both based on
bt878 and I must say that the quality is not at all as good as I'd
hoped. The colours are even worse that the good old Meteor card. The
best one is definitely FlashBus (based on saa7146). However, there
is no open-source driver for this card and the driver provided from
Integral is really slow and still lacks a large number of features.
There are other cards based on the same chipset though. One such is
from a company called Arvoo. Their driver seems to support v4l, which
is good. The price is probably around $800, that is quite a bit more
that the low-end cards.

/ Mårten BJörkman