Re: voodoo 3500 TV

Kevin:

As far as I know, the v3 3500 card does not work with bttv drivers.  The
only way to get it to work is using the drivers from v3tv.sf.net.
However, note, the functions these drivers provide are limited.  The
only thing I was able to use them for was watching TV.  FM does not
work, and video capture using things like mp1e or ffmpeg, etc does not
work either.

I do not remember what I had to do to get the v3tv drivers to compile
(it was some time ago), but I know that several things needed to be in
place first, such as the LM-sensors package, I2C support in kernel, and
there was at least one kernel module that wouldn't compile right,
however, I think that the CVS version of the v3tv got around this.

>From what I remember, the best way to get things working was sifting
through the forum messages on v3tv projects web site.

After much much fiddling around with the drivers and little sucess at
capturing anything worth a darn, I opted to get an $80 WinTV PCI card,
which works very well....

Rett Walters