Re: Easiest/Most Complete PVR

daniel jircik <pannomat@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It runs Lindows which is a scaled back linux that they then try to sell
> you on a software subscription service.

  Lindows is debian based and apt-get works after the default
  install.  I haven't found anything "scaled back", unless you mean
  that it's not configurged well by default.  If you know Debian then
  it's easy to do the config.

  My cheapo All-in-Wonder board worked right away (ok I probably had
  to load a module and maybe do a bit of other config) with it, except
  that everything is B&W for me right now (haven't had time to look
  further).  This is a stock Walmart/Microtel $200 machine.  IMHO this
  is an excellent all around machine for the money; it's not really
  well suited to video, but you can get by with it.  So, sorry this is
  not the candiate for easiest/most complete, but I had to mention
  that it's not bad if you just want a cheap machine to watch TV on.

  Derek