Problems with Setup

This is only partially related to Video4Linux so I apologize in
advance...but I am trying to get my Video4Linux system working and this is
the roadblock that I ran into...

I have an ATI Rage Fury Pro (32mg) and a large EMC Multisystem monitor with
(of course...) no manual available.  The monitor is also not available in
the X monitor setup database...

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get it to work but I finally did at
1024x768 with really bad flicker running as a generic non-interlaced
monitor.  I am currently trying to follow the X How-to to set my own monitor
settings but the How-to seems a little out of date.  For example, when I run
X -probeonly, I don't get the clocks as listed in the How-to...or is that a
feature of the video card?

Can someone help me out with this?  Or point me in the right directions?
Maybe some specs for the monitor online somewhere...?