TW98 Driver only produces B&W output - Need Help

I had another go at debuggin the tw98 driver that is
part of the rivatv project over the weekend (see
http://tw98.sf.net for details).

I can still only produce B&W output for some reason.
The inputs all work OK and I can view PAL or NTSC, but
no colour for either output.

The TW98 chipset docs state it supports "CCIR-601
compatible YCrCb (4:2:2) output format". In the rivatv
sources I've tried specifying various supported video
formats for the TW98 driver but none of them will
allow xawtv or other tools to display a colour
picutre.

Anyone got tips or tools I can use to work out what
format the video is really in?

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

pinguellis@xxxxxxxxxxx