The canada-cable frequency list

  Hey Gerd,

  The existance of a 'canada-cable' frequency map really bothered me.
I've lived in Canada for a while now, and used tuner cards with a few
cable providers both here and in the US, and I know pretty well that we
use the same frequency maps as the states.

  There seems to be a really easy answer to the confusion.  A friend of
mine recently bought an ATI TV Wonder card, and found that his tuner map
was all offset by "one channel and a bit", classic 'canada-cable'
syndrome.  We discovered that the problem was an incorrect tuner
setting.  Doing a "modprobe tuner type=2" fixed the problem: US cable
map works again.  Furthermore, reception improved. :)

  I suspect that this is the source of all the confusion.  I think that
references to "canada-cable" should be removed.  I'm also curious to
know if there's any information I can give to you that might help detect
this mis-detected tuner in the driver.

--
Billy Biggs
vektor@xxxxxxxxxxxx