WARNING: msp34xx penguin on i2c bus ..

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Kyosti Malkki wrote:

> The same chapter states, that MSP does not acknowledge its address after
> internal failure. Current algo-bit will not complete any message if
> device address is not acknowledged. Support for I2C_M_IGNORE_NAK flag is
> now in CVS for i2c-algo-bit.
>
> A sample use is the attached patch for msp3400.

Something went wrong ;(  DO NOT try that msp3400 patch.

In the hunt for the big fat penguin jumping all over the bus, I have
managed to lock my MSP34xx in some sort of test mode.
Read returns the register number we just wrote, not the contents.
It doesn't apply to the revision code registers, though.
Seems to be non-volatile, power cycle did no good.

It may have gone wrong because I did not sent reset_on and reset_off as
two separate messages - there was no Stop between the two.

--
  Kyösti Mälkki
  kmalkki@xxxxxxxxx