Re: PCTV Pro

Edward Wohlman wrote:

> Yes it does work in windows, I wouldn't say perfectly but pretty well.
> When starting outlook express, (which I don't coz I use mozilla mail),
> or ejecting a CD the tuner goes wrong and I get static. At other times,
> sometimes the sound cuts out and I have to change channel to get it
> back. I don't have too much of a problem, I can easily avoid the actions
> that I know will make it fail.
> I had assumed that these problems were to do with IRQ conflicts or
> something, I do have quite a lot of cards. I don't really understand why
> outlook express, or ejecting a cd could cause these problems, but I had
> enough of a struggle getting it to work to begin with., so I don't
> really want to go swapping cards, or disabling acpi etc. At long last I
> have S3 suspend-to-ram working in Windows XP, and I'd like to keep it
> like that.
>
> I have a SBLive, Netgear FA311 NIC, Belkin 5port USB2 card, and the TV
> card. Graphics card is a Geforce 4 MX 440. I gave up trying to get my
> internal modem to work at the same time,  it would not even boot, but it
> is pretty stable at the moment, in windows anyway. I use the network
> card with an isdn router now anyway so the modem is not required.
>
> Do you think the eeprom on the card is wrong? I don't understand how
> that could happen.

Send the output of
"bttv-0.7.100/tools/eeprom" (this is a command which dumps the eeprom contents)
so this problem can be diagnosed better.

The eeprom can show bad data for a variety of reasons:
- plain broken
- re-programmed (e.g. using the i2c-interface in linux, e.g. playing with lm-sensors or similar)

The singedness has nothing to do with your problem.
The card works fine with Linux, as soon as your eeprom shows correct data
(your card and all parameters settings will be autodetected).