Re: Frequency table library suggestion

Kentaro Fukuchi wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  The latest xawtv stores frequency list in config file instead of its binary.
>  I think it is better,

/me too, thats why I did it :-)

>  My suggestion is very simple. Why don't we manage such frequency list
>  in Open-source way? It would be great help for both users and
>  developers.  If we have a united library to handle the table, each TV
>  application needs not to replicate the table into the package.

For the data (i.e. the frequency lists) it is a good idea to share them.
That was one of the reasons to move them out of the compiled binary.

I can't see a need for yet-another library through.  The config file
syntax is one of the common ones out there (xawtvrc / smb.conf style),
it is easy to parse and there are probably even ready-to-go libraries
which can do that for you.

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.