Re: xawtv and switching stations

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  when I switch channels in xawtv, I get an annoying pop.  I tried playing
>  around with the code but it was hard to find my way.
>
>  I did the ugliest hack, by adding system ("aumix -l 0"); right before
>  switching channels, and restoring it to a given value after some sleep
>  after switching the channel, and that makes the pop go away.  Obviously, I
>  want to patch xawtv in a better way than this ;)

patching the config file with "mixer = line" is enougth, volume control
will go through the specified mixer device then (which is basically the
same what your aumix hack does).  See "man xawtvrc" for more info.

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.