xawtv and switching stations

Hi,

when I switch channels in xawtv, I get an annoying pop.  I tried playing
around with the code but it was hard to find my way.

I did the ugliest hack, by adding system ("aumix -l 0"); right before
switching channels, and restoring it to a given value after some sleep
after switching the channel, and that makes the pop go away.  Obviously, I
want to patch xawtv in a better way than this ;)

First of all, I can't quite figure out where attr's are initialized, and
thus which function ends up being called in calls like
        cur_attrs[ATTR_ID_VOLUME] = vol->read(vol);

ie, vol (an ng_attr struct) gets set up somewhere in the program, but I
can't figure out where.  I first thought it was pointing to the read
function of the plug-in in use out of libng/plugins, and adding some debug
printfs there in the v4l1 plugin seemed to output some things.  But then
when I run from the src dir, it explicitly states that it cannot find any
plug-ins (which is normal, since it is configured with prefix /usr/local
and no plugins are installed there), but the code still works.  So I'm not
even sure where it gets it's audio mixer functions from in that case.

Anyway, to round it up - is there anyone who tried to get rid of these
annoying pops, and do I have any hope of getting it to work better than
with a system () hack ?
Also, what device exactly is xawtv controlling when it is muting ? It
doesn't seem to be my default soundcard (to which I looped the output of
my bttv card to it's line input), since the levels don't change on it when
muting.  I'm assuming it is changing the mixer of my bttv card, but
funnily enough I cannot access /dev/mixer1 with aumix.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

I got your phone number baby
Call you sometime
Think I might go out tonight
Maybe give you a ride
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->