Re: Anyone tried the iTVC15 with the WinTV PVR-250 yet?

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, PlasmaJohn wrote:

> > I would love to hear success/failure stories.  Anyone?

> I can get hardware encoded
> MPEG (vcd,svcd,dvd) from the card.  But no audio.  It's either a misconfig of
> the audio chip or the gpio bits aren't getting frobbed right.

It was a misconfigured audio chip.

Here is the method I used to get it working.  Note that I'm in an NTSC area,
PAL and other methods are left as an exercise for somebody who actually has
that hardware.
http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1378

Let me reiterate the following point: If you're planning on writing drivers DO
NOT look at that code.

> Note, I don't have this quite working with i2c-algo-bit yet, so I've either
> got a bug, or I've misread something.

I did get this working.  Curiously it didn't seem to like readl()/writel(),
but was fine with memcpy(,,4) [which becomes __constant_memcpy()].  If I've
parsed all the #defines and inlines correctly, it should have simply been the
difference of a volatile access in the case of the *l() functions to the
ioremapped card memory.  Kernel 2.4.15 with Viro patches.

Uh, oh yeah, this is also MyFirstDriver(tm) so more than likely I missed
something obvious.

There are some differences in both my implementations, so isn't exactly an
apples-to-apples comparison.  When I get a few spare cycles, I'm going to
revisit my code.

John