Re: saa7134 and tvtime

Alan Cox (alan@xxxxxxxxxx):

> > I guess my annoyance is more that only one user can use /dev/rtc at
> > once, and there are now alot of applications which use it.  The
>
> Most of those apps should be ok in 2.5 with normal timers - the select
> resolution is 1Khz in 2.5.x

  So, just to make _sure_ I've got this straight, does this mean that
usleep() will suddenly be 1ms-accurate, or do I need to do something
special?  Also, is there some easy way to detect this accuracy?

  The reason I'm being picky is that currently if I usleep() at all, my
frames are late, since I'm effectively always rounding up to the next
10ms time spot.  If I don't usleep, I'm too soon, but at least I don't
drop frames.  I want to make sure that if I do usleep(), then I know I'm
actually going to get better accuracy.

--
Billy Biggs
vektor@xxxxxxxxxxxx