Re: saa7134 and tvtime

Yeah, tvtime works ok on my fv3k
The deinterlacing is still a bit tricky, but not knowing enough about the algorithms and never having using dscaler I'm not sure whether it is good or bad. It certainly didn't look as good as watching DVDs in mplayer with the -pp 0x2000 deinterlacing option.

Certainly no lockups, and performance wasn't a noticable hit unless I set something else heavy going as well

This was using NVIDIA binary drivers, I don't know much about the Radeon cards. Moving the window around gave blue background, similar to xawtv in grabdisplay mode, not overlay, if this helps anyone.

Rob

Jozsa Kristof wrote:

I've got an fv3k, and tvtime kinda works.. it *is* slow (fast movements on
tv channel (eg. auto-commercials :) are "jumping" and "shaking" (cant
express that more, I'm afraid), but it works and is stable..

I dunno this piece of info helps you, but maybe..

dyn