RE: AverTV bttv problem (similar to week ago) -- Followup HOORAY!! It works!

Petr,

Thanks for the suggestions...I swapped in a PCI Riva TNT2-64Mb for the
AGP ATI Rage 128 PF-32Mb and the whole thing works now!  Hooray!

I was unable to get (even with fine-tuning) good reception with xawtv,
but tvtime (when I set it to us-bcast with the "-f" switch) picks up the
attached Super Nintendo and VCR great.  No other channels get reception,
though...but I think that's because of the lack of a good antenna.  Even
our TV in the apt has crappy reception.

I'm attaching a powered set-top antenna tonight...we'll see if other
channels get better reception with that.

Thanks, experts!

--saul