Re: How many tv capture cards (NTSC full rate, full frame)

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 04:11:51PM +0200, Petr Vandrovec wrote:

> If you are going to use RGB32, you can have two with Intel motherboards
> (if target is PCI/AGP/main memory), 1-2 with VIA (if target is PCI
> or main memory), and 0-1 (bzzt, thanks for playing) with VIA if target
> is AGP.

Actually the target would be an encoder, mp1e specifically, for the
moement, not a display device.

> With some of YUV formats, which use about half of RGB32 bandwidth,
> 3 Bt848 definitely work with Intel 32bit 33MHz PCI

Cool.  I should think 3 would suffice to deal with multiple programs
in a single timeslot.

> (and I have no more
> grabbers to check).

Well, it is good to know that this opinion is from experience.

> But do not forget that usually you also want to
> do some operations with data you grab: write them to disk, compress
> and so on.

Correct.  Compress it and then write it to disk would be my game.

> If you are writting data to disk uncompressed, you'll have
> problems with more than one grabber in the 32bit 33MHz PCI box.

Right!  Which is why I would write it to disk post-compression.

Thanks for your opinions Petr.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell