Re: Re #2: Programming V4l2. Problems when setting the frequency of the tuner

>      I am using bttv 0.7.95.

bttv 0.7.x doesn't support the v4l2 API at all.

First thing you should learn about programming is checking error codes.
None of the stuff you did before calling VIDIOC_S_FREQUENCY has worked.

>      I have modified the program in this time and now it uses buffers.
>      I request 4 buffers and i  map and queue them. Finally i start streaming
>  witch VIDIOC_STREAMON.
>      Everything goes right until i try to change or get the frequency.
>      (i don't know what more to do).

This either isn't bttv 0.7.x or you are doing something seriously wrong.

>      xawtv works with my current driver for the bt848.

You can make xawtv very verbose using "-v 2" if you want to see what it
does ...

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.