Re: Announcing tvtime!

John Coppens (jcoppens@xxxxxxx):

> > There seems to be some video code for SiS chips in X, but it's
> > unclear to me which cards might work with it, and which don't.  What
> > version of X are you running?  You can run 'xvinfo' to see if you
> > have any XVideo overlay surfaces.
>
> No adapters present... ;-|
>
> The videocard isn't a very expensive one. X version is Xfree86 4.2.0.
> Any chance?

  If it's a modern card it should have an overlay adaptor.  You could
make sure you're loading the "extmod" module in the X server, but it
sounds like you're doing everything right.  I bet the SiS driver just
doesn't support it, or there really is no hardware overlay.

  If you have a super-fast box I guess we could enable software
colourspace conversion, but I doubt it will be fast enough for full
60fps output, especially with scaling.  Doing these in software really
sucks.

--
Billy Biggs
vektor@xxxxxxxxxxxx