Re: bttv Input Output Errors

>  on both the cc and mp1e capture programs. I also receive a lot of SCERRs in
>  the log file just prior to the Input/Output errors.

That is normal, bttv translates the SCERR errors reported by the
hardware into -EIO.

>  Has anyone seen this
>  behavior before? Does anyone know what may cause these errors (the video
>  signal is perfect)? Are there any parameters that I can tweak to help this
>  condition?

I have another report that multiple cards with very high load tend to
become unstable.  Don't know what the problem is.  Maybe the hardware
gets confused, maybe it is to hot within the case, maybe some
hard-to-trigger bug in the driver causes these SCERR errors.  I don't
know.

Any oopses or hard kernel crashes?

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.