Re: Announcing tvtime!

John Coppens (jcoppens@xxxxxxx):

> >   Check it out:  http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > tvtime is a high quality television application for use with video
> > capture cards.  [...]
>
> Doesn't seem to work with the SAA7134 driver? The screen appear for a
> few seconds, then:
>
> videoinput: Input indicates that tuners are available, but driver
> refuses to give information about them.  videoinput: Please file a bug
> report at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/tvtime/ and indicate
> that card and driver you have.  videoinput: Also include this error:
> 'Invalid argument'

  This indicates that the V4L ioctl 'VIDIOCGTUNER', which tells me
information about your tuner such as what modes it supports, what the
range is, etc, is returning an error.  I'll try to look into the driver
source and see if it's something that I'm not setting right, but this
sounds suspicious.

> sdloutput: Can't get a hardware YUY2 overlay surface, giving up.
> tvtime: SDL failed to initialize: no video output available.

  This is the reason you cannot run tvtime.  Your X driver output does
not support XVideo.  tvtime processes the input from your capture card
before displaying it, and therefore for performance reasons requires
that your output support hardware overlay surfaces.

  What video card do you have?  Is it something old that does not
support overlays, or do you not have the right X driver?

--
Billy Biggs
vektor@xxxxxxxxxxxx