Re: Announcing tvtime!

On søn, 2002-11-03 at 21:59, Billy Biggs wrote:
>   Check it out:  http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/
>
>   tvtime is a high quality television application for use with video
> capture cards.  tvtime processes the input from a capture card and
> displays it on a computer monitor or projector.  We're busy porting most
> of the filters from the popular Windows application DScaler.
> (see http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/)
>
>   tvtime supports:
>
>   o   Deinterlaced output at full interlaced rate of 59.94 frames per
>       second for NTSC source, or 50 frames per second for PAL sources.
>       This gives smoothness of motion and high visual quality.
>
>   o   Multiple deinterlacing algorithms for finding the optimal mode for
>       the video content and available processor speed.
>
>   o   16:9 aspect ratio mode for the highest available resolution when
>       processing input from an external DVD player or digital satellite
>       receiver.
>
>   o   A super-slick on-screen-display for the complete television
>       experience.
>
>   The current code uses the video4linux API, and depends on freetype2,
> SDL, and libpng.  We're anxious to have some more people try it out and
> provide feedback; our 'Bugs' section on the sourceforge page is quite
> active!   We're also looking for more developers!
Bugs:
-Volume, mute doesn't work. It is probably changing wrong sound channel
if it isn't using the one at the tvcard.
-changing channel with arrow up/down hangs it!
-typing in a channel using numbers is hard. It requires 4 digits, and I
can't make it.

Missing features:
-native LIRC-support
-overlay support
-channel setup, so you can assign channels to 1,2,3 etc so you don't
have to remember the actual channel numbers.

And:
What exactly is the advantage of this one over other like zapping. This
requres much CPU-power, and I can't see any difference in quality. I'm
using pinnacle PCTV and watching PAL broadcasts.