Re: Announcing tvtime!

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 00:07, Billy Biggs wrote:
> Torgeir Veimo (torgeir@xxxxxxxxx):
>
> > Are you planning on providing a right click menu to change channel,
> > and to change program options, like descaler provides?
>
>   I'd like to, but I'm more interested in doing a menu system on the
> video frame so that it works on fbcon/DirectFB/my TV output.  I'll then
> add mouse support for that on-frame menu.  At least, that's the plan.
> Do you think a toolkit-based menu would be more useful?

Well, maybe both, since implementing a full scale onscreen menu might be
a too complex task. The onscreen menu can support simpler stuff like
channel change, video parameter change (brightness, luma etc) using
simple controls that works well with a remote, while a toolkit based
menu could be used to configure every part of the application.

--
-Torgeir