avertv 98 causes crash

Hi, I have a Avermedia TV98 card. My problem is, when I try to run
xawtv, it starts working fine, but just for about 5-15 seconds. Then the
computer crashes, screen goes frozen, and I have to do a hard reset!
The strange thing is, the card seems the work fine in Gnomemeeting, but
I cannot change the channels there, so it's not really a good way to
watch TV over Gnomemeeting. Both xawtv and gnomemeeting works fine with
my webcam. I tried every possible combination for the card and the tuner
which comes to my mind.
By default the computer detects it as card=13 tuner=2
I am using RH8.0 (kernel 2.4.18) now, but I had the same problem (crash)
when I was using RH7.2 and 7.3
bttv driver version I am using is 0.7.91
The card did not have any problems in Win98, Win2000, WinXP

Any help will be appreciated! If I can solve this problem I will have
one more reason not to keep Windows in my harddrive:)

Orcan