Will v4l2 (and apps) handle multiple brands simultaneously?

Hello,

With all the development going on for v4l2, I figured now would be
a better time to make this request than later.

On my system, I have both a WinTV-Theater, and an LML-33.  I can get
both to work with v4l, and apps like xawtv, but not at the same time.
In order to switch between boards, I have to rmmod a few modules, and
then install different modules.  Then I have to change the .xawtv
config file based on which board I'm using.

I don't know if it's possible to get both going at the same time (eg.
one on /dev/video0 and one on /dev/video1), but it would be nice.
I don't even need to read from both at the same time, but to be able
to switch without all the module changes would be good.  At least it
would be nice if xawtv could have a command-line-option to read a
different config file.

	Thanks,
	Bill

--
Bill Sherman
VR Impresario & co-author of "Understanding Virtual Reality"