Some problems..

Hello!

I have a WinTV Go card (878 chipset) and I'm so happy :-)
It worked perfectly with xawtv and motv also.
But then suddenly I lost the sound. This happend after turning xawtv off. I
still get the picture, and so far, only a reboot seems to give me the sound
back.  The same thing happens with motv.
Now for the strange part... If I record with for example, vcr, a divx movie,
I get sound!!!
I can also play mp3's as usual...
What can I do to get the sound back in xawtv... Any ideas??
I use bttv 0.7-100 (the latest) and I use debian 3.0 with 2.4.18 kernel.

Second question.
Does any body know a good vcr application for linux that has not the name
freevo (what a piece of shit)? I would like do record divx5 movies. The vcr
program, called vcr, I use right now creates movies with sound, the only
problem is that I would have to put the monitor upside down infront of a
mirror to watch it :-(

Thans for all answers
Gunnar.