Re: About a frame grabber

Martin Peach wrote:
The meteor is the first grabber card that had support in linux. It is
using a Philips TDA7something chipset, not the bt8xx. My suse setup
seems to have meteor support built in (but no V4L2). I'm using the WinTV
card right now -- it works fine, costs a lot less than a meteor. For the
meteor see http://home.att.net/~marksu/meteorman.html or
http://www.k-team.com/software/linux.html
I have investigated it once when I tried to adapt it for DOS, but never
used it under linux.
/\/\/\/*=Martin

Charlie Liu wrote:

Georgios,

First of all, you should know what is the grabbing chip on the board and if
the chip is one of the Bt848/849/878/879. If it is not, you can not use
V4L2/bttv to drive the board and you need to find other driver for your
development. For example, if you decide to use Omnimedia and suppose it uses
different grabbing chip, you should contact Omnimedia directly to asking the
Linux driver.

Secendly, if you want to do more investigation, you should find a
Bt848/849/878/879 based frame grabbing board like Sensoray Model 611/311
(http://www.sensoray.com/html/frame_grabbers.htm) so that you can use
V4L/bttv linux driver. Visit http://www.metzlerbros.org/bttv.html and
http://bytesex.org/bttv/, you will get more detailed info.

Good luck with your development.