About a frame grabber

Dear all,

Although experienced in other fields, I have worked with frame grabbers only
during the past month, because of my work. I worked with Data Translation's
DT3131 and DT3120 frame grabbers (Windoze-only, not my choice), both of
which have a large number of errors.

The department is now prepared to invest a little money ($500 ~= £320 ~= 508
E) on buying a new frame grabber that is supported by Linux (hurrah!) and
have asked me to investigate. After some searching and also from various
recommendations, I have concluded that the Omnimedia Sequence P1S-P
(http://www.omt.com) frame grabber, often referred to as "Matrox Meteor-I
clone", would be the best in my case.

My questions to all of you are the following. Can I use this frame grabber
with V4L2? Do I need drivers? Is anyone familiar with this specific frame
grabber?

I apologise for asking such general questions, but I am new in this field
and any help will be much appreciated. Thank you all.

--
Georgios Kapetanakis
Research Associate