VS: VS: VS: VS: Separating fields from interlaced images.

> > > I don't know much about the internals of the system. It uses
> a Hauppage
> > > Conexant Video Card. There is a switch using which we can
> de-activate one
> > > of the cameras, so that a clear image from the second one is obtained.
> > >

> > A manual switch? Could you draw an ASCII-pr0n diagram of your setup?
> > This is somewhat puzzling.. how do you get two images simultaneously?
> >

> These 2 cameras are connected to a "Sync" unit (that is what the manual
> syas). I donot know how the Sync unit works, there is no further
> documentation.
> Apparently the Sync unit grabs from the 2 cameras and combines the data
> into a single image. Then it sends it to /dev/video0 (that is the only
> active video device in the system). The (manual) switch is just an
> accessory, if one wants to work only with one camera.

M-kay.. so it's a digital processor. You can separate the fields quite
easily by copying every second line. This of course involves as many
memcpy()s as there are lines in a field.

Or process them in the buffer, no copying involved.

You can tell the driver to give you odd or even field only, I think.
But then you would only get the other cam, and you want them both,
right? It's a stereocamera?

    Jonk