Re: Is the REAL doc for saa7134 and flyvideo 3000 available?

As I noted in another post,
I had card weirdnesses in one machine,
moved it to another machine and it works fine.
It might be switching slots on the
first machine would have helped as
well.  (though I didn't have audio
problems at all, only video)

WK wrote:
on 10/10/02 10:26 AM, Robert Reid at robreid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

My has no radio too, and I have no problems too.

Is the Flyvideo 3000 "no sound" problem an issue for people without
radios on the cards?
I have a FV3k with no FM tuner and have not had a problem with the
sound, basically for ever.

Obviously, the 'radio' fix/workaround for this would be a bit tricky
here if it was the case.

Regards,
Rob

Stane Gruden wrote:

from message: Partial solution for 'no sound problem' on flyvideo 3000

Hi,

Yesterday I installed saa7134 ver. 0.1.11 and soon discovered
that the 'no sound problem' still exists. There is, however,
a simple solution to this - it is not perfect, it is more
lika a workaround and it will
probably not work for everyone. It will work if turning
on the radio switches on the sound.

Actually that suggested workaround does not work for me. If I turn on
the
radio in the no-sound period of my card, the radio works correctly.. but
does not help the tv at all, nor can I receive the actual tv
channel's sound
with the radio.

Christopher

Of course, I supposed that this would work only for those who can
switch on the sound of the tv card by launching (and then
exiting) 'radio' (some people reported this, I tried it and it
worked for me). Apparently there are some slight differences on
the cards we have - or it is the other hardware of pc that makes
the difference, I do not know... For some the card works fully,
for some turning on the radio helps, for others there is no sound
at all.

There is definitively a need for finding the real cause for this
problem and fix the drivers. I do not think Gerd has a possibility
to do it because his card works. I would try to do it, but I
need the doc. Gerd, Is it available...?

Another thing: is this the only mailing list on these subject, or
there exists some other more 'developer' list? This one looks
more like 'users' mailing list to mo.

Stane.