saa7134 problems and their solution?

Hi,

Thanks to Barrie I managed to compile the kernel and install
drivers for my FlyVideo 3000 with no problems at all. Of course,
the problems with the card already mentioned in this list
appeared, especially 'no sound problem' but sometimes video
makes problems as well. Sometimes everything even works!

I think all the workarounds mentioned in this list are not
the right solution to these problems - the drivers' code
will have to be altered. To do this, better documentation
than that from Philips's site is needed. I am sure that
existing drivers could only be written with such a documentation
available. Could this documentation be publicly available?
I am willing to dig into the code, but with no doc this is
mission impossible.

Something is wrong with the card
initialization, otherwise the problems would always appear
the same. Is there some way to just reset
the card into a known state that could then be
triggered via ioctl and start all over again in case the user
sees that the card is not working properly?

Is anyone at this moment doing something that would solve
known problems?

-- Stane.