Re: G400 interlaced TV output

Richard Jones (richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx):

> On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 13:05, Billy Biggs wrote:
> >
> >   http://vektor.theorem.ca/graphics/tvout/dfbtv/
> >
> > That is a test application: it takes input from a V4L source (obV4L)
> > and outputs it to the G400, field synced.  The pass-thru output is
> > as close to full quality as we're going to be able to get. ;-)  I'm
> > very impressed.  Doing a PVR app is going to be awesome now.
>
> Have you looked at www.mythtv.org? Its a linux PVR which seems (for my
> requirements at least) to be the rest around at the moment.  I was
> thinking of using Ville's stuff to add directfb output support into it
> some time in the future.  Given you appear to have done the hard bit,
> would you consider integrating dfbtv into mythtv?

  Currently MythTV deinterlaces the incoming video before recording and
other quality-losing badness for progressive displays, so doing a good
dfb/g400-tv output would be a bit of work.  I don't know if I'll have
time to do it, or which PVR app I'd start with.  I'll probably just keep
hacking my little app since it takes less time to play with my own code.
:)

--
Billy Biggs
vektor@xxxxxxxxxxxx