bt878 setup questions.

Hello all,

I have a Phoebe 878 based tuner and have the
following questions (though I suspect that this
is a general question) and any
help/suggestions/experience would be greatly
appreciated.

1. When running in full screen (640x480) mode
under linux, I see a large number of short white
or black lines in scenes of high motion. It does
not look like motion artifacts from interlacing
as the lines are not as wide as the frame but
maybe 10-20 pixels wide. The pattern is more or
less uniform across the screen, looks almost like
a cache flush problem i.e. the data was sent
through the cache and some lines were stale
across a refresh. The Windows driver does not
have this problem .. but I have gone through most
of the register settings and they look mostly
sane .. have to go through the RISC(DMA) setup
next. Anyone else have the same problem ?

2. I also noticed that we switch the PLL off if
we find that we are using the same internal clock
as the detected input signal .. in a very naive
way I am not sure I understand why .. when a PLL
would guarantee that small drifts do not happen
over time ..why we switch off the PLL in the
normal/general case ?

Thanx in advance ...